Local water supplies today are treated to remove as many contaminants as possible, which include lead, mercury, bacteria and pollutants. Some contaminants get into water supplies purely on accident, while others enter through the improper disposal of certain materials. A good water purification system is the best way to ensure your drinking water is protected from these contaminants. Water purification systems work by removing contaminants that might be in your drinking water or other household water.
If you still aren’t convinced you should have a system in place, read on. Here are five good reasons we need to ensure water purification in Shelby County, OH:
- Lower risk of health issues: When there are low levels of chlorine, chemicals and other toxic materials in water sources, you improve your chances of avoiding some types of cancer and other types of serious health issues. The good news is that studies show that water purification systems help to remove the chemicals that are linked to cancer, asthma, cardiovascular problems and birth defects.
- Improved taste: Some contaminants pose more than a risk to human health—they can also affect the flavor of your drinking water. You may not think of water as having much flavor, but it does. Drinking water should always taste clean, refreshing and smooth, which it won’t when contaminants are floating around in it. Instead, contaminated water may taste metallic or otherwise unpleasant. Using a water purification system cleans your water without your having to boil it, ridding it of these nasty contaminants and improving the flavor of the water.
- Reduce contaminants in plumbing: The plumbing pipes in older homes can release copper and other contaminants into your household’s water supply, even though your local water supply is treated for common contaminants. This is because the kinds of contaminants getting into the water supply of older homes are entering as water flows through corroded pipes. Installing a personal water purification system is one of your best defenses against water contaminants.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Protecting the environment is as easy as using a water purification system, because it reduces your carbon footprint. The hope here is that when people have access to healthy drinking water at all times, they will not feel compelled to use plastic water bottles, which end up in landfills.
- Cost savings: If you don’t use a refillable water filter pitcher or have a water filtration system installed in your home or business, there’s a 50/50 chance you buy bottled water. Bottled water doesn’t contain contaminants, but the cost of buying the bottles can add up over time. Investing in water purification means you can spend less on store-bought water, as well as on medical bills when contaminated water makes you ill.
Fogt Water Conditioning understands the importance of the need for water purification in Shelby County, OH. Clean, safe water is essential not only for your health and wellbeing, but for the preservation of the environment as well. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us anytime for more information about our water treatment and conditioning services!
Categorised in: Water Purification
This post was written by Writer