Your home is equipped with multiple systems and appliances. Many of these are given little thought by homeowners until they need maintenance. Often taken for granted, some of these systems are essential to the smooth operation of your home. Among these underappreciated items is your residential water softener in Shelby County, OH. This important system offers several benefits to your water heater and fixtures:
- Reduces energy use: Did you know water heating is the second largest energy expense in your home? Producing hot water accounts for about 12 percent of your utility bill. Using a water softener in Shelby County, OH makes your water heater more efficient. Hard water contains elements which cause the unit to use up to 30 percent more electricity to heat the water.
- Protects appliances: Mineral deposits present in hard water can ruin appliances. Without a water softener, this untreated water can cut the life of your washing machine, dishwasher and hot water heater in half. A water softener provides water that is less harsh on these appliances and will help them live longer.
- Saves fixtures: Have you ever seen a showerhead in a home with hard water? The mineral deposits build up as scales, discoloration and clogs. The use of a residential water softener in Shelby County, OH prevents this buildup. Faucets and fixtures remain clean and clear, saving hundreds of dollars in replacement costs.
- Keeps things clean: Without a water softener to remove hard water minerals, the water in your home can cause staining. You’ll find unsightly rings in toilets and bathtubs. Dishes and silverware have spots and stains. Installing a water softener prevents these unattractive blemishes and helps keep things sparkling clean.
- Clears plumbing: Re-piping a home can cost thousands of dollars. This may be necessary if your lines become clogged with mineral deposits caused by hard water. Your water softener will help keep things running smoothly with soft water in your pipes.
- Brightens laundry: Your washing machine is one of the places where you’ll really notice a difference between hard and soft water. Not only can soft water help increase the longevity of your washer, it can increase its performance. Mineral deposits in hard water can turn fabrics gray, fade colors and cause linens to feel hard and stiff. Install a water softener in Shelby County, OH and enjoy cleaner, fluffier laundry.
- Minimizes cleaning: Tough mineral deposits require tough cleaning methods. You may have to use environmentally unfriendly solutions to remove them. Cleaning requires extra scrubbing, more time and increased effort. Soft water keeps these harsh minerals out of your system and makes your chores easier to complete.
To enjoy these many benefits of soft water, install a residential water softener in Shelby County, OH. Your home’s systems will run cleaner and more efficiently. Your water heater and fixtures will last longer and provide optimal efficiency. For additional information on water softeners, or to schedule an installation, contact the experts at Fogt Water Conditioning today. Your water heater will thank you.
Categorised in: Water Softener System
This post was written by Writer